Sunday 9 May 2021

"Happy Birthday, Ruth Loriang."

By Lokiru Paul,
9th May, 2021

My daughter today turns 3 years. 
I still can’t get over the fact that I’m a dad. It’s a very weird feeling to explain. Some days I feel like I’m not worthy of such an amazing little girl and there are times she looks at me like I’m the only thing that matters and that shatters me into a million pieces.  And I think that’s it. It’s all so freaking unnerving and I can’t help but constantly wonder if I’m doing enough.
Fatherhood is terrifying… I’m just winging it every day, but it’s also given me so many moments of heart-bursting joy. Time goes by so fast and I miss how tiny she was but I love how she is now being so active, full of laughter and loving smiles.  It’s such a magical thing to watch your child grow and learn new things. I’m so proud to be your dad and I don’t take one moment of it for granted.
“Ruth , I’ve got a feeling you’re going to make a pretty amazing child. Happy Birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Veterinarians Preventing the Next Pandemic

Skip to main content Open Navigation Menu Most new diseases have their origins in animals. So why aren’t we paying more attention to their h...